1. to pay with fire : आग से खेलना, to take foolish risks
F He is playing with fire by investing his entire money in the share market.
2. to play one’s cards well/right : to act in such a way as to gain maximum advantage.
If you want to succeed in life, you must play your cards right.
3. to play second fiddle : किसी के अधीन काम...
1. to nip something in the bud : प्रारम्भिक अवस्था में ही नष्ट कर देना, पनपने न देना, to destroy something at the start
Any indiscipline among the students should be nipped in the bud.
2. to pay through the nose : भारी कीमत चुकाना, to pay a very heavy price
In the beginning I didn’t pay attention to my health, as a result I had to pay through the nos...
1. to shed crocodile tears : घड़ीयाली आँसू बहाना, to show false grief
Political leaders shed crocodile tears for the poor.
2. to show the white feather : डर दिखलाना, to act like a coward
Brave people never show the white feather even in the most adverse situations.
3. to sit on the fence : तटस्थ रहना, to adopt a neutral attitude...
1. to sail in the same boat : समान परिस्थितियों में होना, to be in the same situation
You and I are sailing in the same boat.
2. to save one’s face : अपना मान-सम्मान बचाना, to avoid losing one’s dignity
Will they give you a chance to save your face?
3. to see eye to eye : एकमत होना, to agree entirely
1. to throw down the gauntlet/glove : किसी को चुनौती देना, to give a challenge
Pakistan, now and then, throws down the gauntlet to India over the issue of Kashmir.
2. to throw cold water : हतोत्साहित करना, to discourage
His father at the last moment threw cold water on our plans to go on a trip.
3. to turn a deaf ear to : ध्यान न देन...